Dive Addicts runs CCR Cave courses several times a year as demanded. Come learn how to safely enjoy rebreather cave diving from one of our 3 highly trained, experienced instructors
DA CCR Cave Student Jim laying his primary reel - Photo by Dan Wright
This course is for the serious adventure wanting to explore further into the overhead environment, make jumps off of main lines to adjoining passages and safely enjoy cave diving on their favorite rebreather. During the CCR cave course your Dive Addicts Instructor will teach you the proper techniques for diving in a cave environment while utilizing your CCR as a tool to safely extend your dives, your penetrations and your safety. Your instructor will cover topics and skills such as:
- CCR equipment configuration and preparation (streamlining, rigging etc)
- Cave dive planning with CCRs
- Body posture and trim
- Propulsion techniques
- Cave conservation
- Proper guideline procedures
- Lost line drills
- CCR buddy emergency procedures
- Mixed team (CCR & OC) procedures
- CCR S drills
- Hand and light signals
- CCR equipment failure procedures
- Complex cave navigation
- CCR bailout planning and execution
This Program is designed to train divers in safe cave diving techniques using a Closed Circuit Rebreather (CCR). Emphasis is placed upon dive planning and skill perfection through actual cave penetration. We will focus on general cave diving topics and subjects as well as CCR planning, protocols, and procedures that are unique to diving a CCR in a cave environment. Certifications offered through TDI and IANTD.
- If entering through modular route, must be qualified as Introductory Cave Diver, with proof of a minimum of 50 logged dives. If not qualified as Introductory Cave Diver must have proof of 100 dives or sufficient experience doing technical dives to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
- Must have 20 dives with 35 hours of dive time on the Rebreather.
- To enter Technical Cave (Technical Diver) in addition to #1, student must be qualified as an Advanced EANx Diver, or Advanced Recreational Trimix Diver or equivalent experience or training as determined by the Instructor.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- TDI Overhead Environments: Complete Guide To Cavern And Cave Diving
- NSS Basic Cave Diving: A Blueprint For Survival
- CCR Cave Diving Almost Simplified
CCR Units Currently Supported by Dive Addicts:
- Duration: 8-9 days
- Cost: $2495 for a single person - 2 or 3 people in a course, $1995 each
EMAIL US for more details. We are running this course several times a year at one of our remote facilities: Cave Country Lodge.